Tuesday, July 29, 2008

COUCHES

Alice and I have been on the search for a new couch for 3 months now. Anything we do find on KSL.com or Craig'sList is sold by the time we call them. Well, at the end of the school year, our elementary school faculty has an auction. It is a lot of fun and there are some really good things that are auctioned off. Alice did her student teaching at my Elementary school, so she came along. One item that was up for grabs was a couch. We were really excited and passed up many good items to get the couch. Well, we won the couch. The couch was given to the School District from Lazy-Boy. We went out to get it and they only had one style of couch. Here it is...
Yes ladies and gentlemen, someone actually made a couch this UGLY! Lazy Boy, to be exact. Who happens to be going out of business. Coincidence? I think not. The picture does it too much justice. You know how Joseph had an Amazing techni-color dream coat, well, we found his "techni-color dream couch"! We thanked the School District, but we just didn't think we would ever be able to resell it or sit on it, so we passed it up and it is now in my elementary school. I just thought I had to post this picture of the couch. It is definitely a thing of......Beastly!

6 comments:

April said...

ha ha ha...what's wrong with the couch? ha ha ha...I think techni-color dream couch is a good name, except for the dream part. Probably a good idea to take a pass...

Alison said...

WOW! That reminds me of a couch John's mom had in the 70's. It went with the artichoke wallpaper in the dining room. Fortunately both couch and artichokes are long gone. I bet the kids at school will love it.

Jessica said...

Sweet couch man! I can't understand why you would pass up such a thing of beauty! J/k! I'm glad you gave it up....would've been quite the conversation piece though! Are you at the same school this year? Did Alice get a teaching job? Where at?

Jess :D

Erik said...

Sweet couch! Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for.

Swenson Family said...

I'm sick of looking at your ugly couch- write a new post!! How is Box Elder. I actually miss it quite a bit. I told Jerry that I wanted to go back last week. What schools are you at this year? Tell Alice hi

Salisbury Family said...

Geesh;

You could have painted each wall a different color from the couch, and then it would be camoflauged!!

Abby